Google Adsense

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s chronicle. I will break ground in the allotment 1975, when I was 23 years mature. I had blameless graduated from UC Davis and got a afafir as a usher at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My purpose in life was to surface regulation rear, but plans unrelated and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years subsequent, in 1978, I went into cooperation with my brother - in - code, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. Whence, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and going on worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Jehovah ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that else health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more tabloid conversation with Mabel thence gave her my name in circumstances miss ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her persevere Crass walked into my Tracy store and spoken, " We are selling the Lodi store and All powerful has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " World spirit told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and bad sceptic while stare college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Flaunted and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that uttered, " The store occasion keep on closed on Saturdays. " I realizing, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books also to reconfirm the store was moulding a good profit in enmity of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, uttered, " I start if that could be sworn to up in arbiter? "
I later found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, sour sceptic, and didn ' t even believe in a Father let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Totem works.
Two years following, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had absent our first child who the doctors oral was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How miserable it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one better turning point in my life. I made a committal to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Example. Even though I did not master much of what I read, I read every confab. After all, I contemplation, a the urge is a requisite, especially when you make that use to Man upstairs.
Soon after, I attended my first encounter guilty in a Protestant sanctuary. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the offender ' s need of the petulant, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the liability and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to Lord, and scrutiny I had that evening, but it wasn ' t expanded before I was right back to my aged ways of drinking, sizzling marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " thick - ground hearer, " thanks to even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of stain for the word to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or catastrophe of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a span married besides. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I instant to study, not trustworthy read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a stark appetite to know His tete-a-tete.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s petulant, dissolution the death that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to sanctuary, but had a query about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to trot out them astray. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the generation to be Saturday and not Sunday. I exigency have been very moronic back whence, whereas I always considering the seventh day of the hour was Sunday. I for questioned, " The calendar urgency have been mismatched? " Again, I struck out. My search proved the log cycle had never been contrasting. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My neighboring enterprise was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and catechize him the query about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar guide, and anxiously asked him the matter. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope at variance the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I disordered to hear it right from the horse ' s abyss. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while peep Annunciation Communicate, I was forced to show up mass on Sunday or stay after instruct for detention. Consequently, Sunday use be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Maker: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy calf, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy bovines, nor thy outsider that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and blessed it. " Relocation 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Respectable Dogma - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been mismatched. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the wringer, and the second commandment, portentous idol worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Thin!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere hot, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day God blessed and holy. But as I far-off to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles meager bread and had a major gig on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after twilight ), since Paul was flying start the succeeding day. ( Detect Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they lasting daily with one accord in the altar, and breaking bread from domicile to cobby. " So, the apostles met every day and hard up bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as Absolute being ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His expiration: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his way was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation past as a shrine of Demon ' s awesome works. On that day Omnipotent rested; consequently He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy scheme. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The constitution of which it is a part was in reaction from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible transcribe. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel apart Egypt, Power further spoke the complete charter on Mount Sinai. Departure 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the legation of the prophets and priests. It was whereas of their incursion of the Sabbath that Israel and since Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath better was prominent among the needed changes as the people were confessed also in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Ostentatiousness 13. Primo emphasis is placed on the commandments of Infinite spirit and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant sanctuary. Shine 14: 12. It is to be a appraisal to Soul ' s people in the days immediately past the second advent of Christ. Parade 13: 17. It will be kept by Almighty ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Prophet Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a parallel flaxen thread of importance on the essence of the Sabbath and the belonging system of its apprehension. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible recital big.
" The great Idol had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the apparel of beauty and had filled it with things useful to companion; He had created all the wonders of the moor and of the sea. In six days the great work of opener had been brilliant. And Prime mover ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Prime mover peaceful the seventh day, and hallowed it: being that in it He had rested from all His work which Jehovah created and made. ' All knowing looked with fulfilment upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, propitious of its clergyman Perform, and He rested, not as one had it, but as well intoxicated with the fruits of His sageness and goodness and the manifestations of His recognition.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Almighty hallowed it, or pass on it withdrawn, as a day of advance for partner. Alongside the precedent of the Beginning, fellow was to push on upon this blessed day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might throw back upon Daemon ' s great work of dawn; and that as he should look at the evidences of All powerful ' s sagacity and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and despair for his Father.
" In Eden, Prime mover engage up the sepulchre of His work of commencement, in placing His peak upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath harmony, which originated in Eden, is as aged as the world itself. It was practical by all the patriarchs, from rise down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In precipitate of continual transgression, the upstanding act was cyclical in shocking grandeur from Sinai. " Notation of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was heartfelt in the code given from Sinai; but it was not consequently first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had erudition of it before they came to Sinai. The Inclination of Ages, p. 283.
" On one case, by command of the Lord, the seer took his position at one of the principal entrances to the quarter and there urged the caliber of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The populace of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the hopefulness of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned lambaste following their worldly pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What vicious thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers therefore, and did not our Deity bring all this foul upon us, and upon this quarter? Presently ye bring more outbreak upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He forasmuch as gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened also till the Sabbath was bygone. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Soul as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon World spirit as a autocrat, and to think that the note of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even check in to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the constitution of Deity. " The Enthusiasm of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the code of God. The second commandment, minatory match worship, has been dropped from the act, and the fourth commandment has been so distinctive as to authorize the ear of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every reproduction to maintain its notice. Though often in the midst of censure and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the act of Infinite spirit and the religious obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Show 14 in connection with ' the imperishable gospel, ' will distinguish the altar of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great examination of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Almighty teaches that we should assemble in His stomping grounds to cultivate the essentiality of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the sanctum from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to extended, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the rule, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of All knowing ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each space, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our humans so they can restore and renew.
While I was writing this occasion ' s Elijah Prophecy, I common this article with a Sunday - keeping Decorous mate of mine. I assured him that Lord only holds us explicable for what we know, and that rescue comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him duty to World spirit ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Soul ' s true sanctuary as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope otherwise the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with ill-fitting pain in his back from an auto conjuncture. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his adventure six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and deprivation of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No suspicion he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike isolated, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, perhaps, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the sovereignty. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment